Outsourced Review

Outsourced
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
Are you looking to buy Outsourced? Here is the right place to find the great deals. we can offer discounts of up to 90% on Outsourced. Check out the link below:

>> Click Here to See Compare Prices and Get the Best Offers

Outsourced ReviewWe all have a soapbox. Whether or not we choose to use it is up to us, and often left up to the situation and how vocal, or `PC,' we are. In the office, I tend to be reserved. I avoid water cooler discussions about religion and politics like the plague. What did you think of last night's episode of Glee? Let's talk. Anything else, and I'm walking the other way. Yes, I have an opinion and I totally accept the fact that being vocal about it is sometimes the only way to make change. I salute you picketers marching on Washington!
But I'm an author, and I know that whoever said "words will never hurt me" lied. Words can hurt. J.I. Kendall knows this too, and uses her book, Outsourced, to stand up and be very vocal about a subject that has crossed the newspaper headlines more than once in the past few years. It's the outsourcing of American jobs.
But Ms. Kendall has not penned and self-published another political rant, shaming American corporations for moving their call centers and IT departments to low income warehouses in India and China. Instead, she's turned it into a fictional mystery that grabs you right from the beginning and doesn't let go. Sure, there's an agenda here. Her approach to it is serious, but it's also fun and holds all the key elements that a good mystery should.
We begin with Ella Laraway fulfilling an odd request from a co-worker. She's going to identify the body of his son, Jamie, who was also a co-worker of hers at Trans-Geo Technology. Jamie killed himself because he was fired, and Ella's feeling guilty because she put his name on the "to-go" list. Jamie's father discovers his suicide note that includes an odd message: Tell them to watch their backs. And the mystery just unfolds from there, page after page, as Kendall draws you in.
We soon learn that Ella is head of the Human Resources department at Trans-Geo. She was responsible for manning the recent terminations due to jobs being transferred to China. Ella has a big chip on her shoulder. She daydreams of a big promotion and a corner office. And she's about to get that promotion, and oh boy, she gets it good. She gets promoted to head of crisis management when the next body pops up in China inside the shipment of manuals and files the company sent overseas, along with another note: Outsource this.
I love the nasty little drama that plays out as the bodies keep piling up, leading you to a conclusion that I tried very hard to guess at but was ultimately surprised. You want to feel sorry for Ella as a character, but you also love to hate her and want to root for the killer at times, making this a superb thriller! We've all fantasized of peeing in the coffee or plastering a nasty coworkers cube with post-its, but Kendall's killer takes the ultimate revenge against the big wigs that tops them all!
My biggest fret with this book is the cover. It doesn't really do anything for me, but that's it. I loved the book. The writing is tight and moves at a decent pace for a mystery. It's not bogged down with dialogue and detail that bores you. The characters were engaging and not overly predictable.
If you enjoy a good mystery or thriller, or you clock a 9 to 5 in an office setting and dream of plotting revenge against those who dangle invisible carrots in front of you, or you've been a victim of outsourcing, then this book is indeed for you. (Insert evil villainous laugh and mustache twirling here) Well done!Outsourced Overview

Want to learn more information about Outsourced?

>> Click Here to See All Customer Reviews & Ratings Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment