Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)Are you looking to buy Hire for Fit : Select the Best Executive for Your Organization? Here is the right place to find the great deals. we can offer discounts of up to 90% on Hire for Fit : Select the Best Executive for Your Organization. Check out the link below:
>> Click Here to See Compare Prices and Get the Best Offers
Hire for Fit : Select the Best Executive for Your Organization ReviewIf you're a professional recruiter, seeking to find the right candidates for your employer clients to hire, you will gain a lot from this book. If you're a corporate recruiter seeking the right employees to hire for your organization, this book is packed with helpful information and insights. As I read the text, I was struck by how the content and language seemed to address both points of view. The challenge is the same: find the people who will fit the position and environment.In today's tight job market, finding any people is tough enough. If employers take the extra time and effort to find the candidates who fit, there's a much greater chance those people will stay long enough to recover the cost of recruiting, training, and assimilating into the new organization. Therefore, hiring people who fit the organization-and whom the organization will fit-is vital.
The book is organized into four sections: What You've Inherited, Growing Awareness, Invitation to Action, and Support Success. A helpful fifth section, The Productive Entrance Strategy, summarizes the book's message in a valuable reference chapter.
The first section introduces the reader to a pattern of anecdotes that shed light on familiar predicaments faced by employers as a consequence of wrong hires. The problem is laid out well, particularly for those who have not spent a lot of time thinking about all the ramifications of poor hiring. I got a kick out of the chapter entitled "Failure ain't cheap." All the subheadings in the chapter use the same phrase, "Failure ain't cheap." Makes the point!
I found the chapters to be short enough and succinctly written so I could easily grasp the concept in a few pages. Each chapter concludes with a brief summary. The graphic on the book's cover is repeated in each chapter, making the reading a pleasurable experience visually, as well as intellectually. Section one provided a basic introduction to the subject, but I found myself wanting more. What should we actually look for to get a good fit?
The second section of the book, Growing Awareness, began to address the author's concept of what should be considered for a productive fit between employee and employer. The chapter headings tell the story: Functional Skills Aren't Enough. Aha! It's not enough that someone can perform the tasks of the job. The next chapter, What's Missing Matters, tells us there's more to explore. Four chapters examine the Fit Factors: Alignment, Culture, Expectations, and Change. As I read these chapters, I got the picture. But, I found myself asking how to do this "fit thing."
Just at the point where I was almost talking to the author, asking for more specific guidance, Andersson provided just what I wanted .Chapter after chapter under Invitation to Action and Support Success gave me more how-to. I liked the specific questions provided; helped clarify my thinking and helped me see my situation as an employer through new eyes. I began to earmark pages and take notes for my own work, as well as a reviewer. The summary chapter is loaded with tips, guidelines, questions-even more than I found in the preceding chapters.
Lots of good stuff. The first step to retention is a good hire. A good fit.Hire for Fit : Select the Best Executive for Your Organization Overview
Want to learn more information about Hire for Fit : Select the Best Executive for Your Organization?
>> Click Here to See All Customer Reviews & Ratings Now
0 comments:
Post a Comment