Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)Are you looking to buy Airline Without A Pilot - Leadership Lessons/Inside Story of Delta's Success, Decline and Bankruptcy? Here is the right place to find the great deals. we can offer discounts of up to 90% on Airline Without A Pilot - Leadership Lessons/Inside Story of Delta's Success, Decline and Bankruptcy. Check out the link below:
>> Click Here to See Compare Prices and Get the Best Offers
Airline Without A Pilot - Leadership Lessons/Inside Story of Delta's Success, Decline and Bankruptcy ReviewAs a current Delta Air Lines captain with many years invested with the company, I want to express my great appreciation for the book Airline Without a Pilot.I have long maintained that the story of Delta would be a model case study for any business school wanting to demonstrate how NOT to run a business, with a particular emphasis on the difference between "management" and "leadership". The book effectively does this and is "spot on" in so many areas, particularly in the discussion of the management/employee relationship necessary in a service industry. In the military, we used to say, "Take care of your troops, and they'll take care of you."
Sadly, I have learned that all too often this adage does not transfer into the business world. This does seem strange, since everywhere that philosophy is tried, it meets with incredible success. Again, my experience with the "Harvard MBA's" (Leo Mullin, Michelle Burns, et. al.) has been that they merely learned how to transfer company assets into their pockets and then move on. The book also confirmed my negative instincts about many in the "consulting" industry, but the author's common-sense approaches truly bring a breath of fresh air into those discussions.
I was absorbed as I progressed through the book (read in 1 evening), and I could not help but keep repeating to myself, "This guy GETS IT!" The author effectively recorded and discussed so many events that have been churning in my mind (and stomach) for so long, but had thus far evaded public scrutiny. My sincere hope is that this book will effectively shine a very bright light on the real causes for Delta's demise. My only (constructive!) criticism is that I wish that the author had dealt with Mr. Grinstein's ultimate responsibility and subsequent lack of accountability for his abdication of his duties for so many years as strongly as he did with Mr. Mullin's.
I would like to think that our current "management" will take to heart the suggestions offered in the book's closing chapter.
I wish the author much success with the book, and should he make the "book-signing" circuit, I hope to be first in line to shake his hand. I offer my heart-felt thanks and a commendation for a job well done.
Airline Without A Pilot - Leadership Lessons/Inside Story of Delta's Success, Decline and Bankruptcy Overview
Want to learn more information about Airline Without A Pilot - Leadership Lessons/Inside Story of Delta's Success, Decline and Bankruptcy?
>> Click Here to See All Customer Reviews & Ratings Now
0 comments:
Post a Comment